Listen to the podcast by clicking on the link below (link to iTunes here):
Core content from this episode discussed in:
DiPiro's Pharmacotherapy, 9th Edition, Chapter 9
Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 12th Edition, Chapter 30
Published articles and references and ongoing trials related to pipeline antidotes for target specific oral anticoagulants discussed during this episode:
- Idarucizumab [also known as aDabiFab] (BI 655075):
- Schiele F, Van ryn J, Canada K, et al. A specific antidote for dabigatran: functional and structural characterization. Blood. 2013;121(18):3554-62.
- Grottke O, Van ryn J, Spronk HM, Rossaint R. Prothrombin complex concentrates and a specific antidote to dabigatran are effective ex-vivo in reversing the effects of dabigatran in an anticoagulation/liver trauma experimental model. Crit Care. 2014;18(1):R27.
- Phase III study: NCT02104947
- Andexanet [also known as r-antidote] (PRT 064445):
- Lu G, Deguzman FR, Hollenbach SJ, et al. A specific antidote for reversal of anticoagulation by direct and indirect inhibitors of coagulation factor Xa. Nat Med. 2013;19(4):446-51.
- Aripazine (PER 977):
- Data from Perosphere available here.